Anybody Out There?

Everything that has nothing to do with Monkey Island goes here.

Moderator: Moderator Monkeys

Anybody Out There?

Postby Alixgirl » Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:37 pm

It's too quiet now. Like, REALLY super duper quiet. I know there's already a thread on this, but... I want to know who is still there. Please post if you're still here.

:)
That IS the biggest Monkey Island site I've ever seen!

http://www.youtube.com/user/alixlaurenw ... ature=mhee for my YouTube account. :D
Alixgirl

Re: Anybody Out There?

Postby angeldeb82 » Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:11 am

I'm still here. It's too bad that Hayden may not be with us.
angeldeb82
Wiki editor

Postby HaydenWCE » Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:57 am

Hayden is still here, and will continue to be here for a long time to come.

But, I must inform everyone that I'll be heading out on a 12-day trip this time tomorrow, so there'll be no activity on this board from me for a little while. But I'll most certainly be posting again as soon as I get back.

And the reason for minimal (well, non existent) posting over the last 3/4 days is due to work and social life; I've been very busy these past 3 days, and I've had to balance it all with preparation for traveling. But things will be a bit less hectic in times to come, I imagine.
HaydenWCE

Postby Fearless Flying Monkey » Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:33 pm

I'm always here, but in the shadows more recently than not. I think the general quietness of the board over the last couple of weeks or so is because of the festive/new year periods. Sadly we are posting less and less, the main issue I suppose is, there's actually a future for Monkey Island games, we can no longer just sit around bitching about how there'd be no more. Things are good at the moment, and when they are, we can't complain. I know Tales was a year or two ago, but Telltale have still been publishing stuff, Schafer's still doing things, as is Gilbert. But the board was most active when discussing who is our favourite character, or plot moment, or what we'd like to see from the future of MI. I mean, I'm still happy to have a good old chat about how I want a proper Monkey Island 3 made by Gilbert, but we've done that a thousand times now. Sadly, although we're all still here, there's less and less posts being made. I'll start a few new ones though and see what happens :)
There is a light and it never goes out.
Fearless Flying Monkey

Postby angeldeb82 » Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:12 pm

HaydenWCE wrote:Hayden is still here, and will continue to be here for a long time to come.

But, I must inform everyone that I'll be heading out on a 12-day trip this time tomorrow, so there'll be no activity on this board from me for a little while. But I'll most certainly be posting again as soon as I get back.

And the reason for minimal (well, non existent) posting over the last 3/4 days is due to work and social life; I've been very busy these past 3 days, and I've had to balance it all with preparation for traveling. But things will be a bit less hectic in times to come, I imagine.

Thanks, Hayden. Have a safe trip, and I'll see you in a few weeks.
angeldeb82
Wiki editor

Postby Alixgirl » Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:04 pm

Well, I'm glad that at least some of us are still around. It gets kinda lonely here when noone replies to posts. :(
That IS the biggest Monkey Island site I've ever seen!

http://www.youtube.com/user/alixlaurenw ... ature=mhee for my YouTube account. :D
Alixgirl

Postby Augustus » Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:17 pm

I'll admit it. I've slipped from checking every day, to every couple of days, to usually once a week. I almost always end up posting in General Discussion when someone brings something up though.
Augustus

Postby angeldeb82 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:17 am

Why do I have the feeling that these forums may be abandoned again? :cry:
angeldeb82
Wiki editor

Postby Haggis » Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:05 pm

I admit, it's becoming a bit of a wasteland... the thing is, there's no common factor connecting this community any longer, as long as there are no new Monkey Island games. And all that can be discussed has been discussed about the MI games, especially now that all the common knowledge has been codified in the MI Wiki.

Oh, and also, the function of message boards has slowly been taken over by social media. It's now easier to connect to fellow MI fans through Facebook, Twitter, and Google+ than here. I'm afraid we'll only see the occasional new thread here. It also doesn't help that many new members don't seem to be all that interested in posting...
Haggis
Administrator

Postby angeldeb82 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:04 pm

Haggis wrote:I admit, it's becoming a bit of a wasteland... the thing is, there's no common factor connecting this community any longer, as long as there are no new Monkey Island games. And all that can be discussed has been discussed about the MI games, especially now that all the common knowledge has been codified in the MI Wiki.

Oh, and also, the function of message boards has slowly been taken over by social media. It's now easier to connect to fellow MI fans through Facebook, Twitter, and Google+ than here. I'm afraid we'll only see the occasional new thread here. It also doesn't help that many new members don't seem to be all that interested in posting...

I know. I was in the middle of playing Hangman, and Hayden hasn't played along for three days now. Do you think his mind is occupied with other things?
angeldeb82
Wiki editor

Postby Augustus » Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:30 am

:wave:

Still kicking around, as always. Been busy lately, but happily my third chapter of my thesis is nearly done (of course, Mass Effect 3 comes out tonight...might be tough to finish the chapter, ha).
It's really too bad we can never seem to sustain a conversation. It's rare a topic goes on to a second page...
Augustus

Postby Fearless Flying Monkey » Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:43 am

:( I'm back though again now, I was having some PC issues so was off for a week or two.
There is a light and it never goes out.
Fearless Flying Monkey

Postby Haggis » Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:22 pm

Augustus wrote:Still kicking around, as always. Been busy lately, but happily my third chapter of my thesis is nearly done

Ah, good luck with your thesis! ...and I think that's exactly the problem in keeping alive conversations here. Most MI fans are now at an age where they have other (dare I say more important) stuff going on in their lives.

Maybe we should think of other ways to interact. What would you guys say about integrating a chatroom in the forum, or some other system of communication apart from traditional forum posts? Or perhaps we should organize special events now and then?

Fearless Flying Monkey wrote::( I'm back though again now, I was having some PC issues so was off for a week or two.

Welcome back!
Haggis
Administrator

Postby HaydenWCE » Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:43 pm

Haggis wrote:[...]or some other system of communication apart from traditional forum posts? Or perhaps we should organize special events now and then?

Probably a good idea, I say.

Personally, I would recommend that everyone try to connect on other websites upon which they have accounts and visit frequently. We could also try to breathe some life into the World of Monkey Island group on Last.fm.
HaydenWCE

Postby CaptainNiamhy » Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:30 pm

I'm still here. But I read more than post these days. I just don't have time anymore :(
I've turned over enough leaves to fill an autumn......
CaptainNiamhy
Wiki editor

Next

Return to What's on your mind?