Pirates won't stop singing

Discuss everything from the story to the lovely Madam Xima.

Moderator: Moderator Monkeys

Postby Natsicle » Thu Aug 30, 2007 10:22 am

Covskin wrote:Ok, as a few people haven't realised this, I'll just clarify why the original poster couldn't keep clicking until they saw the "Orange" option.

Its a bug.

Some copies of the game seem to have a bug where the "Orange" option never appears. As such, progress cannot be made, hence the Captain Pinkbeard's advice.

Are you saying that there are random copies of the game out there that have this bug?
That's a bummer, how frustrating to end up with a bugged copy.

I'm lucky enough to have a completely bug free, patched up copy from years ago; is it something that's been happening since the game was produced in '97?
More porcelain?? When will this nightmare end?!
Natsicle

Postby Covskin » Thu Aug 30, 2007 6:10 pm

My copy too is fine, but in the past there have been a fair few threads all about the same subject - probably why this one was stickied.

It seems somewhat common too, given that Dalixam even had to go and put a saved game picking up right after the song on the site.

Other than, I'm down to guesswork on the subject.
Covskin

Postby tizerist » Sun Sep 09, 2007 9:57 pm

glad to announce i've got the scumm vm savegame for after the singing. :wink:

was absolutely dreading this part of the game :-? , first time on disc 2, and was anticipating the bug, but it never happened.

respond and i will email you it.

EDIT: i've since read that this "bug" MAY be for pirate copies only, so you might have to prove you're genuine first...
tizerist

Previous

Return to The Curse of Monkey Island