MI5 PARTITION??!

Discuss ideas and comments for future Monkey Island games.

Moderator: Moderator Monkeys

You think it's a good idea?

YES, lets do it
33%
well, yeah. but it's a bit lame
6%
I guess
28%
are you mad
6%
that will never work
17%
NO NO NO.
11%
MI5 get real. No is a definate
No votes

Total votes : 18

MI5 PARTITION??!

Postby skus-monkey » Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:32 am

:lol: What if me made a partition. Kind of begging( :) ok this sounds more lame written out then as a thought, but..) for MI5 to be made by lucasarts, ron gilbert, or anyone else wanting to.

There are stories, ideas for things to go in, concept art, 3 movies.

So we could make a partiton.

We only need 1000+ yes's to say we want MI5

You never know it may work.

Anyone in? (note: this not a partition)
skus-monkey

Postby KGB » Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:42 pm

It's fun living in dreams.
...Finaly, one lady friend asked the right question: "What is the thing you love the most?". That's how I started painting money. - Andy Warhol.

Be seeing you!
-KGB-
KGB
Wiki editor

Postby raVen_image » Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:41 pm

You are a wide-eyed optimist. o:wink: Putting aside, for the moment, that previous, similar petitions have failed, I'll explain why your idea won't work.

In the most recent popularity poll, Monkey Island came in a distant third. And that is after Foul_Smelling_Pirate and others voted multiple times. The thing is, people are willing to vote or sign a petition numerous times but they are not willing to buy numerous copies of the game. This is why LucasArts ignores petitions and polls. They are not a true reflection of the market.

Further, the belief that 1000 signatures (even if none are duplicates) is "all you need" is completely false. It is no where near what you'll need unless those 1000 people are willing to spend $1,500 per game. Remember that LA shipped 35,000 copies of EfMI in the first year and those were considered mediocre sales. So, to make LA stand up and take notice, you'd need at least 75,000 signatures or better.

If you think you can get 75,000-100,000 unrepeated signatures in your petition, more power to you. I seriously doubt you will find that many people considering how the previous petition attempts fell well short of that number.

It would help if you get $30 per signature as a down-payment for the next game, pursuant to a contract with LA, stating that each signatory receive a coupon guaranteeing them a $30 trade-in on LucasArts products. If you get 75,000 signatures, then LA will get $2-3 million to cover their overhead in the creation of a 5th game. They will be guaranteed a profit and the signes are guaranteed a prepaid 5th game.

So, I suggest that you put all your optimistic energy into contracting with LA and creating a pay-per-sign petition. This will let LA know all signes are truly serious.
raVen_image

Postby Marley » Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:13 pm

And also call it petition.

Although it would be great if it would happen from something as minute as a petition, it won't. I have signed petitions over and over again for games returns-Monkey Island (multiple times to make raVens point clear), Hogs of War, a different MI petition and many movie petitions like Back to the Future, some with 10's of thousands of votes, it won't happen
This is the second biggest Monkey Island fan site I've ever seen.
Marley
Wiki editor

Postby Whitetea » Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:37 pm

It can't hurt to try.

But here, I found one for you-
http://www.petitiononline.com/monkey5/petition.html
Whitetea

Postby kuksoolwon » Tue Feb 06, 2007 7:49 pm

Well,i don't wan't to sound negative but it will take more than a thousand sig to get Lucasarts to even consider making a Mi5!I mean it would take somewhere in the millions!
kuksoolwon

Hope

Postby troykeyn » Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:51 pm

I just went to petition site:
[http://www.petitiononline.com/monkey5/petition.html]

and it currently has nearly 2000 votes. I think it has a chance. I love this franchise and it deserves better.[/url]
troykeyn

Postby Manny Calavera » Sat Mar 10, 2007 2:02 am

I know, I know, I've lost it. I'll vote for this petition. Pfft, and I would pay 35 dollars just for another MI game. Bring adventure games back, I say. But, we'll have to promote this like a 3-headed-monkey on wheels if we want this to work.
When you mess with Manny, You mess with Death.
Manny Calavera

Postby Master Ghost » Sat Mar 10, 2007 2:34 am

I say sit on it. Let LA decide. If they want to make it they will if they don't then I guess were out of luck. And I agree with raVen on this that you will need alot more signatures and money before they would do it. I know there are alot of MI fans and we all want MI5 but lets face it a petition of not even 2000 signatures so of which could be duplicates. People have tried before and it hasn't worked!!!
Pirate Forever!!!!!
Master Ghost

Return to Future Monkey Island games