Monkey Island 5?
Comments

Tuesday, February 1, 2005
Buy a car for Ron Gilbert Posted by: Dalixam | Comments (9)
This is the craziest, yet interesting and humorous, idea I have experienced in...well, ever. A devoted MI fan by the name of Oded Sharon has opened a website dedicated to raising enough money to buy a car for Ron Gilbert. Oded Sharon himself says:

There's something Ron Gilbert tends to complain about whenever someone mentions the comparison between the game industry and the movie industry. He says something like "if the game industry is so much like the movie industry, why don't we get the fame and fortune movie stars do ?".

This is such a unique experiment that I really hope it's a success. The current collected amount is $130, so head over to www.car4ron.com and donate.

Comment by: raven_image @ 15:40, Monday, February 7, 2005
Fair enough, afeastofblood.

I was joking, anyway. Gilbert's grave isn't good enough for my urine. Ronald Reagan on ther other hand ... *pissssssss*

Comment by: afeastofblood @ 14:30, Monday, February 7, 2005
wow raven_image, the least you could do is finish what ron responded with instead of trying to make him look like an ass.
"Now, if you do happen to raise enough money to buy me a car, I hope I'll have the option of taking the cash equivalent prize and using the money to build a kick-butt prototype for my next game. If that's not an option, then I've always been partial to the Subaru WRX:"
It's not that he doesn't want the car, but he'd rather use the money for a game. Seems like a decent enough guy to me.

Comment by: Haggis @ 17:59, Friday, February 4, 2005
...and that guy is breaking Google AdSense rules by asking people to click on the ads... tsk, tsk...

Comment by: raven_image @ 14:22, Thursday, February 3, 2005
From the keyboard of Ron, himself, "Now, if you do happen to raise enough money to buy me a car, I hope I'll have the option of taking the cash equivalent"

He's a hellava guy isn't he Haggis? I have a sudden urge to donate a urine sample on his eventual grave.

Comment by: Haggis @ 13:58, Thursday, February 3, 2005
That is so... stupid... and I wonder if he'll buy a car for him anyway, or will just keep the money. And also, millions of people need food more than Gilbert needs a car. Bleh.

Comment by: Pappapisschu @ 09:04, Wednesday, February 2, 2005
A Subaru WRX

Comment by: kousha @ 04:26, Wednesday, February 2, 2005
What kind of car is it anyway?

Comment by: murraybwahahahahahahahaha @ 18:49, Tuesday, February 1, 2005
This is a difficult obstacle to overcome for someone attempting to command community support: show them that your cause is a winning one. I'm on the fringe of participating, but at the same time I don't want to invest in a lost cause. It's simple economics.

I say, good luck to you!

Comment by: Pappapisschu @ 15:06, Tuesday, February 1, 2005
Uh, okay.. i love Ron Gilbert for making MI 1 and 2, but bying him a car is somewhat too much. :)

The founder even donated 120$ for Ron.. Well, only 31860$ to go.......

© Copyright 1997-2017, The World of Monkey Island®. All rights reserved.