Tales of MI
Sam & Max.net
SW: Battlefront
Star Wars Knights
Star Wars Galaxies
The SCUMM Bar
X-Wing Alliance.net
Comments

Thursday, June 7, 2007
Steve Purcell artwork Posted by: Dalixam | Comments (22)
There was a nice surprise in my inbox when I received some emails from Steve Purcell containing some paintings that is, in his own words, "in no way connected to any existing or canceled piratey project.." Make of that what you will, but the dead pirate guy sure looks familiar :) Enjoy!

Comment by: chronostatic @ 23:10, Wednesday, June 13, 2007
All this amongst rumors that Telltale has acquired yet another abandoned IP, as well as increased funding substantially? Steve collaborated with Telltale for the Sam-n-Max episodic release and now he's teasing us with MI inspired artwork. I had been thinking DOTT, but was sortof holding out hope for something a bit more....piratey?

Comment by: redbow @ 12:43, Tuesday, June 12, 2007
I just love the dead bird in Le'chuck's hat :p

Comment by: elmintrude @ 09:24, Tuesday, June 12, 2007
I'm officially moderately excited now. MI news seems to be picking up slowly but surely, this can only lead to good things.

These pictures are top drawer, very dark and moody.

Comment by: @ 17:10, Monday, June 11, 2007
Cool, Really Cool!

Comment by: Brad Majors @ 16:04, Monday, June 11, 2007
Steve Purell? In Pixar? Well, I didn't know that!! Great!
Well, Steve, if you read this, go see Steve Lasseter, Brad Bird or whoever might want to do this! I'm ready to give you guys whatever I've got on my bank account to see this happen!

As for Pyrats, yeah, it is absolutely brilliant. But I was mentionning Pixar because they're the best for the moment in the animation world (along with Myiazaki and Satoshi Kon), and the only ones who could create a MI movie without changing or toning down the MI universe (IMHO). If they do it in 3D with the same cartoon feel as Incredibles, I'm in it!
Edited 1 time(s)

Comment by: Haggis @ 12:05, Monday, June 11, 2007
Uhh... Steve Purcell is a Pixar guy. ;) Regardless, I'd rather see a traditionally animated movie, in the style of Pyrats, perhaps.

Comment by: Brad Majors @ 10:04, Monday, June 11, 2007
In a dreamworld (really, a dreamy-dream dreamworld), Pixar would buy MI's licence and would make a perfect CGI movie out of it (or a few). Please, Internet gods, let a Pixar guy land on this site and read this comment.

Comment by: corgan @ 12:18, Sunday, June 10, 2007
I'm sure, Neola, but I'm just being facetious in hoping at any possibility for another MI title. :)

Who knows. The possibilities are multiple. Perhaps it's art that they've asked Purcell to mock up, but hasn't been approved yet, or has been rejected. That would make it officially not part of any of the above types of projects.

I doubt it, of course. However, the text accompanying the images, if they are Purcell's (as I trust they are) is as playful as anything else the Monkey Island team has cooked up in-game. So maybe...
Edited 1 time(s)

Comment by: Neola @ 09:14, Sunday, June 10, 2007
Now that would be existing, wouldn't it?
Because he's still talking about a project and an existing project would be a future game/movie/whatever.

Comment by: Corgan @ 03:55, Sunday, June 10, 2007
A good friend of mine pointed this out to me.

Cancelled or Existing. But he didn't say FUTURE. ;)

Comment by: yuzuharu @ 19:53, Saturday, June 9, 2007
This LeChuck is way more convincing than the one in CMI with those BIIIG LIPS. Besides, MI2 LeChuck didn't have them (that's why he spits so much)!

Last but not least, shouldn't the three versions of LeChuck (ghost, zombie and demon) in EfMI look like the same person? Of course they have their differences, but each form looks too different from each other. It really looked stupid for me, because being them all LeChuck, they should REALLY look like they are the same person.

Comment by: jayel @ 18:36, Saturday, June 9, 2007
Too awesome for words

Comment by: Neola @ 10:29, Saturday, June 9, 2007
CMI LeChuck's legs were pretty thin, too.
But yeah of course I'd be awesome if Steve was involved in a MI project.

Comment by: faralar @ 01:35, Saturday, June 9, 2007
does anybody else notice how Lecucks/the generic zombie pirates legs are extremely thin...just like guybrushs' in CMI.....coincidene, intentional or a sign of somethong to come?

Edit...just remebered to say: wouldn't it be great IF steve purcelll was in on a new MI project?
Edited 1 time(s)

Comment by: Marley# @ 00:54, Friday, June 8, 2007
Breathtaking. There appears to be quite a bit of MI news now

Comment by: plunderbunny481 @ 00:02, Friday, June 8, 2007
Haggis: "Very pretty!"
Just what I always think about skulls and nothing-related-to-canceled-piratey-project concept art! Agreed! Very pretty! The most-definitely-not-an-undead-pirate-zombie is awesome. Love the hat! Working on one of my own!

Look at Skull.
What a cute little skull!

Comment by: Neola @ 21:57, Thursday, June 7, 2007
What a coincidence he emailed the pictures to a Monkey Island site although they have nothing to do with that game!
But on a serious note, this is lovely artwork. I'd love to buy one o' those paintings if Steve ever put them up for sale =3

Comment by: Haggis @ 18:05, Thursday, June 7, 2007
Very pretty! I hope that somehow, this project will find its way to the silver screen one day...

Comment by: Rapp Scallion @ 17:27, Thursday, June 7, 2007
Is there any site which have collected all the information about the MI-movie? Would be nice to have it in one place, you know. If not, care to add one?

Comment by: Gabez @ 17:25, Thursday, June 7, 2007
Looks awesome... and you can also see a similarity with this.

A movie or a game in this style would be fantastic. Very different from precious Monkey Island styles, yet still very Monkey Islandish.
Edited 2 time(s)

Comment by: Jake @ 16:05, Thursday, June 7, 2007
He loves making the top and plume of LeChuck's hat out of a dead raven. It was that way on the box to Monkey 2 (and in the game if you look closely enough), but that nice touch got left behind in subsequent games.

Comment by: Paco @ 15:45, Thursday, June 7, 2007
Excellent! This no-concept-art-for-the-cancelled-Monkey-Island-movie looks awesome! Great colors and designs!

© Copyright 1997-2009, The World of Monkey Island®. All rights reserved.